Sunday, February 21, 2010

Natanya's books

I spent the afternoon clearing a bookshelf and organizing Natanya's books from young adult to non fiction and then to fiction in descending reading levels. Even though not much nesting can happen until we get the roof replaced, it's exciting to start putting little things in order!
I've been filled with fantasies of making Halloween costumes and reading together and having dance parties in the living room... I've got plans for easels and art tables and snowmen and cooking together... I don't give much thought to tantrums or tears or exhaustion or impatience though I know those things will occur in between the fun...
I've got a shed full of teaching materials to go through when it warms up a bit. Aside from lesson plans there are puzzles and games and all kinds of treasure. It will be awhile before we get to these things I know but I've been saving it all for her and I just can hardly wait to share it...


4 comments:

  1. Is Natanya your daughters name? If it is.... YES,YUM!!!
    And all those things you will do with her....and MORE!
    One lucky baby chick.
    Lucky lucky lucky and deserving too!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got tears in my eyes reading this - home bound because of snow, but I haven't forgot the bath towels - still looking

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't let the quilt/banner slip by without comment.
    This is just the most most beautiful exploding bounty artwork and I love it.
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you noticed. I made it for you! But it's not as dimensional as I'd like. I'm going to try sewing the images onto fabric so it has some movement or at least suggested movement...

    ReplyDelete